FAMILY MEMBERS AND WINTER PHOTOGRAPHY

Posted by Rupesh Kumar Karki
I have come back to my blog after a long time and this time I am bringing the concept of presenting photographs of a person during the winter season and it is not necessary to give that look through dress but it can also be done by using editing process and adding effects in the photograph. This time I have tried to add an effect of sun rays passing through the fog and giving the effect of cool environment. Whatever I try in my photography I just try to put it in front of you without hiding anything and presenting what I do along with photo editing.
This winter I went on shooting with my Sisters and tried to give it a cool cool effect... A photograph shows the thinking of a photographer and how creative he or she is and one thing that make your pic pop out is your ability to shoot the scenario perfectly and then editing accurately not doing many effects or applying unwanted effects to the photograph. As you Love the Photography So you Love the Editing and both should be equally well presented and this gives a Wow!! effect to your photograph.

The time that you select to photograph should be such that little bit of fog is in the air and if the background selected is green then it adds flavour to your photograph. The photography is all about your selection of location and posture of the subject. Your creativity is the only thing that speaks in your photograph. This creativity includes photography technique and editing in a software.
Here are some photographs that I wish to share with you. 
The below is the photograph of my sister who wanted to have her memorable photographs single and with family members and I am happy that she is satisfied with the Photographs that I have taken.
Smiling-Face
A Candid Shot of My Sister Taken during Morning Time
I believe in creating beauty in your shot. I believe in taking mostly candid shots because such photographs have their own impact on the viewer.
I tried to present the above Photograph in Black and White and tried to see the impact of such an environment in the photograph and leave on you to decide that which one you prefer.

Smiling-Face-Black-and-White
The Same Candid Shot in Black & White
A happy moment captured is a memory for life time. Once captured moment is never going to repeat or that moment may or may not come, therefore try to capture it in a perfect way. The below photograph is the example of this.
Happy-Moment
Happy Moment of Grand Father & Grand Daughter
This photo session was specially for keeping memories of family members with a Nine Months old baby. I hope that I have tried to accomplish the expectations of family members to keep the memory with them.
Sisters-With-Baby
A moment that no One Wishes to Miss
This shot is candid for the baby girl... lol but one thing that I like is a smiling face that makes all the environment filled with joy and happiness. I accept one thing that with small kids it is very difficult to make the posture and get the desired shot. My assistant that is my wife she kept on alluring her with a teddy or making faces.
Sisters-and-Kids
Sisters and Kids all together and Baby's Smile worth Million Dollar
One photograph that I wish to share in this blog is family group photograph and one thing that I wish to mention is this, whenever you have to take sharp photos of all the persons like in above picture for that you should always keep your aperture at least f/4.5 or above and focus on the person in the centre.
Family-Photograph
Family Members All Together
Conclusion: I don't know whether you all noticed or not but one thing that I try to keep is Color Theme in common. This is because it creates a sort of interest in all the members in a group and secondly subject don't seems to be distracting because of the same color clothes. Photographs should be be taken in a green lush area, with a good background. The time when you take the photograph. How you make your subjects sit in order to take the photograph. Technically speaking what aperture you should set because in group photography important point to remember is aperture because this only makes your photograph sharp or blurred.
Last but not the least is your editing process and how far you take your photograph but one thing that you should remember that phtographs should not be over edited and effects can be added to your photographs and even if sometimes you find your photograph not so sharp then you can go with black and white editing.
If there is a small kid then there should always be someone with something so that child can be made to see towards camera or the location where you wish to make her look.

4 comments: