IDEAS

Posted by Rupesh Kumar Karki
Photography is not just about taking pictures of people, flowers and other such thing but to keep on creating something new in photography. It means to think something different and to keep watching each and every thing with the eyes of artist.
An artist thinks of everything like a drawing or painting similarly we have been gifted to observe the activity in depth. Suppose a water drops and if someone is creative definitely in that falling drop also find something new and will try to capture with his camera. This should be the tendency of a photographer. A person is not called photographer only if he takes pictures after he is paid, a photographer is one who has the internal quest to learn and work on photography. That person can be anyone but with the zeal to shoot something with a great way of presentation and new ideas.
To do photography creatively one need patience and passion to complete the task. It should be taken as a to do task, the more you do photography, the more you learn. Different things should be used, mostly household items to experiment with photography.
There are many things that we can try with like feather, water droplet, textured glass, reflection on foil, fruits, dew, set of pencils can also give you great photo,etc. These photos can be taken only if we have the macro lens/ close up lens and can unfold our photography talent.
Those who wants to do photography creatively they don't need to depend only on macro photos, they can also shoot according to occasion. Suppose it's a new year than late night fireworks can be captured, if it is valentine day one has the option of showing his love in a beautiful way by keeping all the gifts in an attractive way of presentation and then taking a shot, if it is diwali then candles and lighting and rangoli can be taken shot of and they all can be done in a very appealing way, if it is Christmas  then jingle bells, toys and other lighting can be done on christmas tree and then creating a scene that photo shoot can also be impressive. More than you, your photographs should speak.
Well I have tried a couple of shots and this is being captured by many people, but everyone has his own way of presentation and likes. These pictures are solely taken by me just to boost up myself that I can also do photography. This is the only way to wake up yourself and boosting to move on and never let your passion die.
These are continuous hand held shot and taken with close-up lens +2 on 50mm host lens, Aperture- f/3.2, Shutter Speed- 1/2000 & ISO-2000.
Water_Droplet_1
Aperture-f/3.2, Shutter Speed - 1/2000 & ISO - 2000
Few other shots also taken but there is also some setting for that - fir I took a glass vessel and filled it with water then tried to take some shot by dropping water droplets from a dropper but it was not appearing, the visibility was not clear then I added a teaspoon full of chocolate powder and stirred it well, then tried few shots but they were also not impressive as I was not getting the desired color and effect and then I decided to keep the vessel on a marron color carpet as the vessel was transparent so the carpet and the chocolate powder did the miracle for me, I got these stunning shots.
Water_Droplet_2
Settings are same as above picture settings
When I got this shot with three water drops over one another then I decided to go for one more shot with only single drop and after many unsuccessful attempts got the one which proved to be my picture and that one is below.
Water_Droplet_3
pictures are taken by Rupesh B Karki Photography
Here it doesn't matter what you do, but it makes more sense how you do that?
People mostly tell me that why I always keep on photographic flowers, plants, birds, objects, etc. and even that they get frustrated seeing all the time same kind of photography, many a times I have also heard saying that the person has no work to do and keep finding what to shoot? No doubt this is the condition because a person who is hobbyist, love to photograph each and every thing that he think may be quite different then the other one. Photography is an interest that can not be learned in a day and even it's gadgets or gears are really very expensive and you have to even check your pocket whether you can buy some additional gear or not and even if you think of purchasing some new gear that also takes a lot of time.
Personally, I have been able to collect my gear in three years that is too quick and that is possible due to not only my interest but also my better half interest in providing me the gears. Every year in some or other occasion  keeps on giving me in the form of gift. So, there is always one hand that keeps on pushing you, when you think that this you can't do or you can't get.
I talked about creativity, this is one of my creative photography shoot and in this I took a glass of water, the glass should be clean and transparent and you could see through it. Then take a dropper filled with color and drop in it one by one two or three drops. Then it creates design in the glass water, as the color drops into the glass of water you have take shot of this. First simply take shots to confirm the exposure and other settings. Once you are clear with all settings then drop color and take continuous shots. In this process you will get at least one right shot that you could process.
Below are few shots that I took.
Color_Dropping_idea_1
(fig-1.1) Aperture- f/8.0, Shutter Speed - 1/1000 & ISO - 25600
Color gets dissolving and it starts mixing with water and this is the time when you have to take the snap, if once you lost your timing you are out and then you have to try it again and again, this is a work of patience and after lots of practice then only you can achieve what you want.
Color_Dropping_Idea_2
(fig-1.2) Aperture- f/8.0, Shutter Speed - 1/1000 & ISO - 25600
I kept my eyes and mind open and let the time pass as soon as the color starting dissolving all the more, I again started taking snaps and from those attempted snaps I got the best one for me, and it also worked for what I was looking.
Color_Dropping_Idea_3
(fig-1.3) Aperture- f/8.0, Shutter Speed - 1/400 & ISO - 22800
After doing some editing in lightroom and Photoshop I made this image. Sometimes we can give wings to our imagination by adding some more things on our own to give an imaginary touch the actual image. In this color dropping sequence I got to see a bird like view and after that only I decided to do some imaginary work out and want to show like a phoenix that rises from ashes. This concept made me to do some stretching exercise in the image. You can see in the image below and it is the edited form of fig-1.1.
Phoenix_from_Color_Droplet
Phoenix the rise from ashes
Similarly I gave an edited effect by changing the color to black & white. Keeping some grain in the image, it also created a sense of herbs & shrubs that goes deep in the ocean and flows with the water. Here imagination works as you think, so you can make the person think in that way. 
Under_Water_Flowing_Herbs
Flowing herbs in water
Here today I came up with some new ideas that is in sequence of what we talked yesterday. If find something missing and wants to say something about my photography and concepts, you all are free to comment in the box. Your comments value a lot to me and will be appreciated.
I never let my "IDEAS" die, keep them up and keep on searching for anything that can create a story. I love flowers because they are the way of expressing your love towards someone, that someone can  be near dear one. The best idea is to observe all small things around you and never let that scene go away. Just now one of my friend explained me that he was having a cup of tea, he kept that cup near newspaper and suddenly he thought of sending this pic to his wife on social app and the result was the awesome click of that scene as he used flash to take the pic of that scene and the light reflection created a beautiful view. 
Similarly, I got lovely gift from my wife on Teddy Day, Days doesn't matter, if matters something then it is your love and the way of expressing it. The way I treasure it, similarly it should be treasured by all of us and try to make it memorable by way of photographing it. Earlier people used to take 30 to 35 snaps and they could develop only 26 photos but they were developing it getting it in the form of album, now a days only pics are taken but no memory is kept in the form of album. So, try to keep it and treasure it. Few clicks that I would like to share with you all.
I wanted to capture a moment with the wooden box that I got recently and I really impressed by the all work done in that box. Immediately I decided to take a shot with the jewelry in that box and the result is right in front of you and then decided to do some editing in that pic. Keeping rest of the background in black & white and the main box with the jewelry in color form along with lock and it's key.
Object_Shoot
Aperture - f/3.5, Shutter Speed - 1/10 sec & ISO - 800
Now a days, Valentine week is going on, therefore it is good to share at least one pic related to that also. It all depends on how you try to make the scene and capture it. As per the occasion, if you keep on practicing then one day you will master the way of presenting your ideas and never shy to display to others because a candid reply could solve your most of the problem and could also help you in achieving the perfection.
Valentine_Gift
Aperture - f/5.6, Shutter Speed - 1/80 sec & ISO - 2000
Photograph is just a way of keeping memories all the long way with you. One day everything will be left behind and just these memories will be with us. So try to keep on capturing each & every moment of your life and make it all the more beautiful.
If you wish to comment some more ideas do let me know by your comment. Your comments means a lot to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment