CHILD PHOTOGRAPHY

Posted by Rupesh Kumar Karki
I always wondered how a newborn could be photographed and this is the first time that I photographed a newborn and experienced a thrilling event of photographing a newborn child.
This is not only the case of a newborn but even grown up kids who are never ready to stand still and keep on running or moving here and there. The whole story behind photographing them is quick action and timing and also you have to be ready with your camera settings while snapping pictures.
What I want to say you will understand from this photograph, this I took while children were playing and when I saw them I decided to capture such a joyful moment that everyone cherishes to keep.
Baby-in-frok
Taken with Nikon D5500, Lens - 50mm f/1.8G
This one is one of the quick snap of a child and happy enough to achieve the target. It could have been done better if I had better lighting equipment because the natural light was not enough to capture the subject with the right exposure. I snapped this photograph in RAW and because of which I could maintain the exposure, shadows, and highlight in the right amount.
Baby-in-expression
Taken with Nikon D5500, Lens - 50mm f/1.8G
This one was taken when the child was about to fall due to movement and captured immediately. This is one of the spontaneous capturing of the kid's action.
My niece and nephews were playing and watching them while playing inspired me to snap this photograph.
Playing-kids
Playful Kids
Taken with Nikon D5500, Lens - 50mm f/1.8G
The below one is photographed while they were enjoying the pose explained to them and it was all natural nothing was like told them to do it forcefully. They were enjoying photographing in this way, They were falling on one another.
playful
Happy to Pose Kids
Taken with Nikon D5500, Lens - 50mm f/1.8G
These photographs are edited in LR and PS. I am quite satisfied that I have been able to capture their joyous moment.
When we photograph, it should be storytelling; what I wish to say is that the picture should tell something, must convey some information and such photographs are really appreciated rather than stereotype stand still photographs.
Baby-with-Grandfather
Love of a Grandfather
Taken with Nikon D5500, Lens - 50mm f/1.8G
I always love to photograph such situations where I can feel some connectivity and even if I have to make a person to be photographed, I always go for the natural look and no more stiffness. I try to make them laugh so as to divert the mind and because of which I could snap an original pose of the subject.
In this blog I never try to teach a lesson I always try to explain along with my photographs that how I have been able to snap a particular subject. I convey my way of taking pictures and the problems faced by me while snapping the photo of my subject.  
Baby-with-mother
Mother's Eternal Love
Taken with Nikon D5500, Lens - 50mm f/1.8G
Photography is a way of expressing things in a photograph that you wish never to be forget and always be remained in your memory.
As a mother you will always appreciate to keep a memorable moment of your child with you.
I used this reflector to control intensity of direct sunlight. Link:http://amzn.to/2sY0ZGE
If you wish to purchase LR and PS you can buy this Software. Llink: http://amzn.to/2stkGCI 
If you are interested in LR and PS Training then you can buy this book. Link: http://amzn.to/2uqoo1B

8 comments:

  1. Very Good collection. child photography is one of the hardest type of photography, but your collections are looking beautiful.
    Also see my Kauai wedding photography collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. natural happiness on their face is captured very smartly by the photographer, great and apreciate genuine efforts.
    orlando wedding videographers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has awesome posts and amazing capture of every function and family. Here is some amazing way of photography with props to save your memories. Capture your babies’ photos precious one, so small, so sweet. Children Photography in ncr at an affordable price

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that was a life time experience for me to . As a photographer i wont forget that day for a child photoshoot.
    Wedding Planner in Pondicherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really a great and helpful piece of info. I'm glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rupesh Kumar Karki in taking your time on writing about Child Photography. I love taking them. There are several reasons why I love them. But specially they are very natural and the most important thing is they don't spend time in make up. The feeling can not be described in words. When you touch their small hands, legs, it feels really good.

    ReplyDelete